Grapefruit packs a punchy flavor, as well as lots of benefits:
• Prevents kidney stones
• Protects against colon cancer
• High in antioxidants
• Limonoids, which inhibit tumor formation
• Lots of Vitamin C, which fights cold symptoms
• Reduces severity of asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis
• Promotes cardiovascular health, reduces risk of death due to heart disease, stroke and cancer
• Lowers cholesterol (through Pectin)
• Repairs damaged DNA through Naringenin
Oranges not only taste amazing, they are a great source of:
• Vitamin C, immune system defender!
• Limonoids, which fight multiple kinds of cancer (mouth, skin, lung, breast, stomach, and colon)
• Fiber - lowers the risk of kidney stones
• Betacryptoxanthin (Carotenoid) reduces the risk of lung cancer, and may lower the risk of rheumatoid arthritis
Lemon offers a "zing" of flavor, and:
• Flavanoids are organic compounds that have antioxidant/anticancer properties, and antibiotic effects
• Vitamin C
• Limonoids, which are protectors against cancers of the mouth, skin, lung, breast, stomach, and colon
Ginger packs a lot of health benefits! It does the following:
• Reduces inflammation in the colon and prevents colon cancer
• Reduces muscle pain caused by exercise
• Reduces nausea
• Kills ovarian cancer cells/prevents cancer cells from building up resistance to cancer treatment
• Reduces liver damage caused by acetaminophen
• Lowers blood pressure
• Eases period pains
• Anti-Cold and Flu Agent-Cayenne pepper aids in breaking up and moving congested mucus.
• Anti-Fungal Properties-The results of one study indicated that cayenne pepper could effectively prevent the formation of the fungal pathogens
• Migraine Headache Prevention-This may be related to the pepper’s ability to stimulate a pain response in a different area of the body.
• Anti-Allergen-Cayenne is an anti- agent and may even help relieve allergies.
• Digestive Aid-Cayenne is a well-known digestive aid. It stimulates the digestive tract, increasing the flow of enzyme production and gastric juices.
• Detox Support- Cayenne is a known circulatory stimulant. It also increases the pulse of our lymphatic and digestive rhythms. By heating the body, the natural process of detoxification is streamlined. Cayenne also causes us to sweat, another important process of detoxification.
• Joint-Pain Reliever-Extremely high in a substance called capsaicin, cayenne pepper acts to cause temporary pain on the skin, which sends chemical messengers from the skin into the joint, offering relief for joint pain.